Works by John Sanders on the salvation of non-Christians
- No Other Name: An Investigation into the Destiny of the Unevangelized (Eerdmans, U.S.A., SPCK in U.K., 1992).
- Sanders edited and contributed the chapter on inclusivism. What About Those Who Have Never Heard? Three Views. (IVP, 1995); with Portuguese (2003), Korean (2010), Spanish (2015), and Romanian (2015) editions.
Journal Articles, Book Chapters, and Dictionary Articles
- “Christian Approaches to the Salvation of Non-Christians” in Robert McKim ed., Religious Perspectives on Religious Diversity (Brill, 2017): 120-148.
- “The Destiny of the Unevangelized” in the Global Wesleyan Dictionary of Theology Albert Truesdale (Beacon Hill Press, 2012).
- “The Destiny of the Unevangelized: the Major Views” in Salvation in Christ: Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, and Mormon Perspectives Roger Keller and Robert Millet (Brigham Young University Press, 2005): 299-325.
- “A Freewill Theistic Response to Talbott’s Universalism” in Universal Salvation? The Contemporary Debate, eds. Robin Parry and Christopher Partridge, (Paternoster in U.K. 2003; Eerdmans in U.S.A. 2004).
- “Idolater Indeed! Response to Paul Knitter’s Christology,” in The Uniqueness of Jesus: A Dialogue with Paul Knitter, ed. Leonard Swidler and Paul Mojzes, (Orbis, 1997).
- “Evangelical Responses to Salvation Outside the Church,” Christian Scholars Review. (Sept. 1994): 45-58
- “Is Belief In Christ Necessary for Salvation?” Evangelical Quarterly 60 (1988): 241-259.
- “Mercy to All: Romans 1-3 and the Destiny of the Unevangelized,” Proceedings of the Wheaton College Theology Conference 1 (1992): 216-228.
- “The Perennial Debate,” Christianity Today (May 14, 1990): 20-21.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!